Monday, February 21, 2011

Black Money... White Interior Designers

As an artist I try so hard to understand why Hip Hopper's on MTV cribs all look the same. It doesn't matter if it is Ushers, 50 Cents, Eminem or Dream they all have a silent feel... the same look and bascially the same White Designer Touch. Actually there are only about five (5) rappers who I found to really have that something special with regards to their homes. Tomorrow we will feature the exceptional... believe or not Lil Wayne's slick pad in Miami.
What is really sad... is the fact that unlike fashion designers, black interior designers barely exist. I'm not quite sure why, since entering either world are the same road blocks. Having been in the field of interiors for many years... Somethings it is hard for me to understand why our demographic will spend millions on clothes, cars and jewelry but rarely will hire a designer, especially a Black one to design, decorate or create their home. But like everything else in life, eventually things will change (I hope).

With regards to research on the number of black interior designers... I did come across something that I was totally unaware of. Lenny Kravitz not only has his very own unusual eye for design... but now has added another creative aspect to his resume (Kravitz Design). Below please find a glimpse into his portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment